The other day on the first of April Duntroon school went to visit the Benmore dam. Meridian energy took us for a tour around the the dam letting us look inside the dam and see the turbines in action. The reason that we went up to the dam was because last year our topic was sustainable energy and dams are one of the ways to make energy. One very interesting thing that I learnt up there was that it used to be one big river. My favourite part of the day was lunch because it was yummy
You can take the man out of the high country, but you can’t take the high country away from the man.
I chose this quote because I like the high country and its true.
- Firstly, if I had the power I would get rid of covid-19 I think the world could do with a break from it.
- Secondly, I would get rid of poverty because I feel sorry whenever I see someone who is homeless.
- Thirdly, I would get rid of all the racism in the world because it is craw.
- I didn’t lose a tooth until I was 8 years of age.
- I can wiggle my ears.
- When I was 4 I broke my arm trying to impress people doing a flip.
- I have never left the country and I don’t think I’ll be doing it any time soon.
- When I was a baby I had blond hair.
- When I was 9 dad made me go swimming in the middle of the winter when it was raining to get the dog to go swimming.
- I hate pumpkin but I love pumpkin soup.
- I can wiggle my ears.
- I shot my first deer when I was 7.
- I have two motorbikes.
A growth mindset is important to me because I need to use one when I am in the classroom when the work is hard. I also need one when I am doing my sport because sometimes I find it hard to communicate with one another and it can get very difficult to communicate with others. I will need to use a growth mindset this year when I am doing the Danseys Pass trail ride.
I was so excited to try out the new bike that I got for my 11-year-old birthday. So I had an idea that I would ride it to school. It was so fast that I could take the long way around so I did. On the way, I must have taken the wrong street and this grumpy old man came out of his driveway and stool my new bike. He tied it up to the power pole and put a sign on it and the sign said this is what happens when you ride bikes through the town of Meadville.
That time you were fishing and you thought
You had a snag, and the snag started to
Move and you found out that it was
Your first brown trout?
That time when you were at Lake Aviemore
With your family friends and you were
Getting towed in the water by a
Biscuit while you had to hold
That time you were hunting with your dad
And he shot the first deer
with the 243
At 230 yards and then carried it
That was summer.
The thing that I am most looking forward to is roar because it is going to be my first time hunting in the roar and we have already seen some deer where we are going hopefully we stay the night.